Thursday, February 23, 2006

Job Placement!

Hello!

About five minutes ago I received an email from the Program Officer in Ghana that uncovered the great mystery of exactly what I will be doing while volunteering in Ghana. It is the most exciting news I have received since signing up so as you could probably imagine, I am VERRRRRY excited!

I have been assigned to work at Keta Government Hospital which was established in the 1940s and is under the Ministry of Health. It is a district/country hospital and has most of the facilities and departments of a modern hospital such as x-ray, Surgical/Medical Unit, Dental, Eye Clinic, Maternity, Reproductive and child (public/community health) units. The staff as at now consists of 4 doctors, 47 nurses and 78 paramedicals personnel. The Reproductive Unit and Child Health Unit provides pre/post natal health services to mothers and children. Trained nurses manage that program. The services are provided at a permanent clinic and outreach activities take the staff into the rural areas. While I am there, I will collaborate with doctors and nurses, performing tasks based on what I have learned in nursing school (and hopefully more!)

So there y'all have it! You know just as much as I do now! I will keep you updated as the week counts down...

Cheers!
Kelsey

P.S. I'd like to say thanks to everyone who came out to say goodbye to me on Wednesday. It was nice to see you and much appreciated!

3 Comments:

At Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chick.. no pics! thats wack girl.
dont play me like a fool YO!

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kels, sorry i couldn't make it to your party. Just wanted to tell ya I hope you have the wickedest time ever in Ghana. Im gonna miss ya but when you get back...it's party on the farm front, word? Word. See ya lata!

Derek

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 4:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEET ! That is so unbelievably exciting. It's so awesome that you actually get to use some of your nursing skills on this trip. Wowza! Way to Go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home