Thursday, June 08, 2006

Home, sweet home!

Since arriving in Canada almost two weeks ago, I have been incredibly slow to blog. I appologize for those of you waiting to hear about my first few days at home but I can assure you that it truly was not half as dramatic as I'd been forwarned!

I left CCS on Friday May 26th bound for the Kotoko International Airport in Accra followed by Heathrow in London, Lester Pearson in Toronto and finally, last but not least, Edmonton International! Leaving the kids and staff at CCS was one of the toughest things I've had to do. Although I was excited to see my family and friends once again I was also torn, as I may never see some of those truly amazing people again. The flights were long and slightly boring and offered little to comment on... that is until I hit Toronto. Since it was my first point of contact with Canada, I had to claim my bags, go through customs, check my bags through to Edmonton and make a mad dash for Terminal 1 to catch my flight home. As many of you heard, I missed the connection and British Airways "misplaced" my baggage. As stressful as it sounds (and it was very at the time!) I caught the next flight home and was awarded my luggage within the next three days. So in that respect, all went well. When the flight landed in Edmonton, I was more than overjoyed to see my family again! I rode down the escalator with a huge smile on my face and darted through the crowd to find them. I've never been away from home longer than a month so as you could imagine, it was amazing to see everyone! Finally I was home!

Since arriving, I've been welcomed with a party thrown by my family and friends, a barbeque, and even a few outings last weekend. I am just starting to get my feet back under me in this incredibly fast paced and jam-packed environment (hence the slow blogging!) Again, I want to say thank you to everyone who helped along the way. As mother Teresa once said, "No act of kindness, big or small, will ever go unnoticed" so my thank you extends to everyone who sent kind words and thoughts through my parents or packages of treats in the mail. I realize that I am so lucky to have the family and friends that I do... so thank you!

Photos are in the process of being sorted through and developed so hang on for a little while longer. They will be up shortly! Until then, take care and enjoy the beginning of summer!

Kelsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home