Saturday, March 04, 2006

So I've gotten this far...

I've made it safe and sound to London thus far. Edmonton was a small complicated matter but hey, to have fun on ANY adventure you've got to have a little thrill. After much hassle and a somewhat teary goodbye, I was on my way. Not long after I passed security, I started chatting with someone beside me. He just opened on stage for Santana the night before and was headed back to Toronto to do another rap concert. Kinda cool! The flight to Toronto was blah but late on arriving. That's where the fun began- attempting to run from one Terminal to the other in less than 30 minutes! Ahhh! It was quite the stressful even and I just barely made my flight to London! On the way, I sat with a very nice lady and her son. They are from the UAE (United Arab Emerids if I spelt that correctly) but are originally from Iraq. She was very nice and we chatted most of the way. She told me how she was confined in Iraq for 12 years when no one was allowed to leave. Then her husband, who is a physician, and her fled to UAE where they have lived ever since. She and one of her children recently were granted Immigration status to Canada so they are traveling to and from every so often to see the rest of their family in the UAE. Very interesting story, I must say. We are totally out of touch with what many people have had to endure in their lifetime.

On a happier note, I have checked in all my bags, gotten a bite to eat (with some American girls that I met in the Security line), and am happily awaiting my next flight. It should board here in about 10 minutes so I must go. The flight is yet ANOTHER 7 hours and then Yao (the CCS representative) will be in Accra to meet me. I hope all goes well! I'm not sure when I will get to be online next.... so until then,

Kelsey

7 Comments:

At Sunday, March 05, 2006 6:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Sensei
Kelsey,

are you having a good time? do you have room mates if you do are they nice? cool web site.



from,
Jess

 
At Sunday, March 05, 2006 7:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kels!!

Sounds great already! We miss you!

 
At Monday, March 06, 2006 6:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kels
I'm glad I read your last note because I was really feeling sorry for myself this past weekend because of a bunch of things gone wrong (all materialistic, of course) but now that all just seems so stupid and small compared to everything you're going to see and experience on this trip!! I can't wait to hear from you next!
Andrea

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelsey's friends!

My name is Megan, I have been Kelsey's roommate for the past two days. Unfortunately I had to leave my new friend in Woe this morning! To all who are waiting for a phone call or email from Kelsey, be patient! The closest internet to Woe is an hour away and the phone service is a little spotty. But I promised her I would add a comment on her blog for her since she might not get to until this weekend. Ghana is beautiful and sad at the same time, but everyone here is very friendly. So far we have done a lot of getting to know the area and the other volunteers. Woe is a small village near the ocean with lots of mango trees, pineapples, and palm trees and little children. Since time practically doesn't exist in Ghana, it almost seems like a vacation. But we have definately had too much time to think about home. Kelsey and I have been keeping each other company though. Until today when I left for the other CCS site...but we start our volunteer jobs tomorrow, it will be good to be busy.

Ok the internet people are kicking me out. It is closing time. I will come back soon. Kelsey misses you bunches!

 
At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Hey Kels,
glad to hear you're safe. how is everything? FYI A+ last week beat RG Back in Saddle 12-11 (I won in 5 T lost in 5 M lost in 5 Sharon won in 4)! Playoff bound and thinking of you. take care. talk soon
A+

 
At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KELSEY ROSS!!!! How I miss you so much already. Sounds like you're having quite the adventure and it's only the beginning. Glad to hear you didn't miss your flight (Don didn't run out of gas after all now did he?!)
Missed u at the Calgary Alberta closed this weekend. I took Ray out by accident with my racket resulting in 5 stitches above his eye...oops.... wear your goggles people! Anywho, Take care and check your mail box in a couple weeks!! ;) Heath

 
At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS! NOW! I promise you'll get something good! Hope everything is good with you, good idea to have megan post on your behalf here! Tell her to put your address up! Love ya! -Kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home